What is a Cookie and What Do We Use?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work in a better, more efficient way. They can do this because websites can read and write these files, enabling them to recognize you and remember important information that will make your use of a website more convenient (e.g. by remembering your user preferences).
Below we list the different types of cookies we may use on the Site. Please see our latest cookie declaration for more details, last updated on June 1, 2018.
Performance cookies, which are sometimes called analytics cookies, collect information about your use of this Site and enable us to improve the way it works. They allow our web and marketing team to create the best possible experience for our site’s users. For example, performance cookies show us which are the most frequently visited pages on the Site, allow us to see the overall patterns of usage on the Site, help us record any difficulties you have with the Site and show us whether our advertising is effective or not.
Performance cookies on this Site may include:
- Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager. Information about opting out of Google Analytics can be found on the Google Analytics site.\
- GetClicky (Clicky): A real-time analytics platform, Clicky allows us to report and analysis our website and campaign performance to offer users the best possible experience. Find our more: http://clicky.com/terms
- Tawk.to: A Live Chat service that allows users to easily contact and chat to our team, via on-screen messaging platform. Find out more: https://www.tawk.to/privacy-policy/
In some circumstances, we may use functionality cookies. Functionality cookies allow us to remember the choices you make on our Site and to provide enhanced and more personalized features, such as customizing a certain webpage, remembering if we have asked you to participate in a promotion and for other services you request, like watching a video or commenting on a blog. All of these features help us to improve your visit to the Site.
Functional cookies on this Site may include:
- Vimeo: A video player on our website that enables you to watch and pause video content.
- ShareThis: A social sharing widget placed in a site to enable
Opting out of ShareThis can be found: https://www.sharethis.com/privacy
Marketing Cookies (Targeting or Advertising)
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
Opting out of third party targeting or advertising cookies does not necessarily mean that you will not see our advertising on third party websites, only that this advertising will not be targeted to you through the use of third party cookies.
Marketing cookies on this Site may include:
- Adobe Audience Manager (Demdex): The demdex cookie helps Adobe Audience Manger perform basic functions such as visitor identification, ID synchronization, segmentation, modeling, reporting, etc.
- Adsrvr Org (Tradedesk): The Trade Desk is a real-time advertising platform that allows companies to bid and serve ads to users to help serve the most relevant ads, at the most relevant times. Find out more https://www.thetradedesk.com/general/privacy-policy and Opt Out: http://www.adsrvr.org/opt-out.html
- Advertising.com: The data, technology and insights arm of AOL Advertising. An ad server and seller of aggregated publisher ad inventory from many websites. Find out more: https://policies.oath.com/us/en/oath/privacy/index.html
- AppNexus. Used by Microsoft and other advertising platforms to register and report the website user’s actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser’s ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user. Find more information and opt-out: https://www.appnexus.com/en/company/platform-privacy-policy
- Atlas Solutions. Used by Microsoft and Facebook’s advertising platforms to track and deliver targeted advertising to users based on their browsing behavior. Find more information and opt-out: https://support.microsoft.com/contactus/emailcontact.aspx?scid=sw;en;1310&ws=1prcen
- DoubleClick. Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user’s actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser’s ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user.
Opt Out information: https://www.google.com/settings/ads
- Efficient Frontier An online performance and social media marketing platform, manages social media campaigns for advertisers and agencies. This site may collect information about your use of the site and across different sites and mobile apps, and across devices over time.
- Facebook (Connect) Used for social media functionality to share and like content. Opt Out Information: https://www.facebook.com/help/211829542181913
- Facebook (Custom Audiences) Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers. Opt Out information: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217 and http://youradchoices.com/
- Google AdWords: Used for marketing to serve ads to audiences based on interests and behaviour, as well as to audiences who have previously visited our site. Find out more: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Keywee: Content distribution and performance measurement platform. Data is used to place content and advertise across a network of publishers. Find out more: https://keywee.co/privacy-policy/
- LinkedIn: Social networking and marketing to allow sharing and potential advertising campaigns. Find out more: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Mathtag (Media Math): Provide of advertising services, data is used for Ad Serving, Ad Targeting, Analytics /Measurement, Content Customization, Cross Device Tracking, Optimization. Find out more: http://www.mediamath.com/privacy-policy/
- Media6 Degrees/Dstillery: Provider of technology to manage collection, storage, protection, segmentation and use of online data. DMPs are also used to manage users’ privacy preferences. Find out more: http://dstillery.com/privacy-policy/
- Microsoft Bing Ads: Microsoft’s Bing ad network for search ads and display ads. Data is used for Ad Serving, Ad Targeting and Analytics /Measurement. Find out more: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement/
- Ooyala: Online video advertising and publishing. Data is used for Ad Serving and Ad Targeting. Find out more: http://www.ooyala.com/websiteprivacy
- Oracle Data Cloud (Bluekai); Oracle Data Cloud provides data from a range of online, and sometimes offline, sources and provides data to advertisers or directly via exchange. Find out more: http://www.oracle.com/us/legal/privacy/marketing-cloud-data-cloud-privacy-policy/index.html
- Outbrain: This provides advertising placement on third-party websites, based on audience interests and behavior. Opt Out Information: https://www.outbrain.com/legal/privacy#advertising_behavioral_targeting
- Pinterest: Social networking and marketing to allow sharing and potential advertising campaigns. Opt Out Information: https://help.pinterest.com/en/articles/personalization-and-data
- Quantcast: A multi-purpose marketing platform offering in-depth analytics and ad targeting solutions to help us deliver intelligent, valuable campaigns to users. Find out more: https://www.quantcast.com/privacy/
- Rubicon Project: An auction-based marketplace connecting advertisers buying ad space with publishers selling ad inventory. Exchange platforms typically enable advertisers to work with data aggregators to target their ads. Find out more: http://rubiconproject.com/rubicon-project-yield-optimization-privacy-policy/
- SiteScout: Advertising media buyers and solution providers. Data is used for Ad Serving, Ad Targeting, Analytics /Measurement, Content Customization. Find out more: http://www.sitescout.com/privacy/
- SmartLook: A heat-mapping tool that allows us to track on-page user behavior. All data collected is anonymous and used to help analyse website usability and improve performance. Find out more: https://www.smartlook.com/help/privacy-statement/
- Tapad: Tapad Inc. is a marketing technology firm renowned for its breakthrough, unified, cross-device solutions. Data is used for Ad Serving, Ad Targeting, Analytics /Measurement, Content Customization and Optimization. Find out more: https://www.tapad.com/privacy-policy/
- Tribal Fusion: A digital marketing solutions company and is a seller of aggregated publisher ad inventory from many websites. Many ad networks use proprietary technology and partner with data aggregators to target ads. Find out more: http://exponential.com/our-company/privacy/
- TubeMogul (Adobe): Offer programmatic advertising software, enabling brands to play, buy, measure and optimize their global advertising. Data is used for Ad Serving, Ad Targeting, Analytics /Measurement, Content Customization and Optimization. Find out more: https://www.adobe.com/privacy/marketing-cloud.html
- Twitter (inc. cdn.syndication.twimg.com): Social networking and marketing to allow sharing and potential advertising campaigns. Opt Out Information: https://help.twitter.com/en/safety-and-security/privacy-controls-for-tailored-ads
- Yahoo: Online advertising network and platform for publishers to sell advertising space and buyers to bid on space. Data is used for Ad Serving, Ad Targeting, Analytics /Measurement, Content Customization and Optimization. Find out more: https://policies.oath.com/us/en/oath/privacy/index.html
- YouTube: Provider of advertising services in the form of recorded content or live stream broadcasted through web browsers or televised channels. Data is used for Ad Serving, Ad Targeting, Analytics /Measurement, Content Customization, Optimization. Find out more: https://policies.google.com/privacy
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
How Do I Control Cookies?